When was the last time you had coffee with your closer?
We are local.
Our processors are local.
Our managers are local.
Our bank is local.
When you have that DC-specific circumstance, or need a super speedy turnaround on an approval, you can just walk down the hall and ask. Just don't forget the coffee.
A mortgage loan officer (MLO) is primarily responsible for originating residential mortgage loans and to ensure regulatory compliance while meeting sales goals. The employee must maintain an active registration status with the NMLS (National Mortgage Licensing Service). All or most of the compensation is based on volume.
Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
Reports to: Mortgage Branch Manager, VP / AVP / and/or Mortgage Sales Manager
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Originates residential mortgage loans according to established policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance while meeting sales goals
- Remains responsible for Bank Secrecy Act and regulatory compliance matters as they relate to the job function
- Regularly engaged away from employer's place of business to make sales calls or participating in various marketing activities outside the office
- Develops and implements a satisfactory business and marketing plan approved by management
- Develops and maintains relationships with prospects, realtors, closing agents and other referral sources
- Ensures applications are completed accurately and requests supporting documentation, as needed
- Maintains the pipeline for accuracy
- Sends applications and other required information to the underwriting area and to the processing area to clear any conditions and prepare for closing
- Represent our organization in the market in a positive manner and network to create additional loan opportunities
- Demonstrates effective personal computing skills when using company-provided automation solutions
- Completes an initial application with all consumers
- Follows the documented origination procedures, in detail
- Other projects or duties as assigned, including, but not limited to scheduling appointments and maintaining calendar dates
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years of residential mortgage lending experience
- Ability to generate annual production volumes of at least $8-$12 million per year
- Understanding of residential lending regulatory requirements to maintain compliance
- Must have a proven track record of success in mortgage lending industry or a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Able to clearly articulate a marketing and business plan that will lead to successful origination
- Able to communicate effectively and often with real estate agents and homebuilders
- Possess a working knowledge of all lending programs available
- Thoroughly understand all facets of a real estate transaction
- Public speaking skills with the ability to make presentations
- Ability to educate borrowers on loan products and process
Presidential Bank, FSB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.